Children’s Bible Program – Level 1: NT Lesson 20 “On the Road to Emmaus”
Featured Passage: Luke 24
Many people began to believe in Jesus as He preached throughout Judea. The Pharisees and the other religious rulers were jealous, so they made up charges to have Him crucified by the Romans. It was the time of Passover and the Days of Unleavened Bread, and Jerusalem was overflowing with people, and many of them witnessed Jesus’ death. Jesus’ followers were very confused because they thought He was the promised Messiah and now He was dead, or was He?
- What happened when the women came to the tomb in the morning? What did the angels tell them?
- What were the two people discussing while they walked to Emmaus?
- Why didn’t they recognize Jesus when He approached them? What did Jesus explain to them while they walked together?
- When did the two people realize that the person who was talking to them was Jesus Christ? How do you think they felt when they realized who He was?
- What do you think it will be like to walk and talk with God face to face?
Luke 24:46, 48
“Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day… And you are witnesses of these things.”