Featured Passage: Luke 9, John 6
The disciples had just returned from preaching the gospel to many people, and they were excited to tell Jesus about what they had done. Jesus took them to a deserted place so that they could rest. Even so, the crowds heard where they went and came to find them. Jesus began to teach the people so they stayed to listen to Him all day as He preached the gospel of the Kingdom and healed their sick. After sitting there so long everyone started getting hungry.
- Why do you think Jesus wanted to feed the people? How many people were there listening to Him teach?
- What food did Andrew find among the people? Who brought the food to share? Was it enough to feed all the people?
- What did Jesus do to the food before giving it to the disciples to distribute?
- How many baskets of leftover food was taken up by the disciples?
- What did the people want to do when they witnessed the miracle Jesus performed (John 6:14-15)? Why didn’t Jesus want this?
“And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.”