Featured Passage: Matthew 14
After a long day, Jesus sent the disciples to the other side of the lake by boat. By a miracle He had fed the multitude with five loaves of bread and two small fish, then he told the people to go home. Jesus wanted to spend some time alone to pray as He often did. Late that night, He went to catch up with the disciples, but they were at sea and He had no boat. This was not a problem for Jesus; He knew exactly what He would do.
- Why do you think Jesus wanted to spend some time alone to pray?
- How did Jesus decide He would catch up with the disciples?
- Why was it taking the disciples so long to get to the other side of the lake?
- Why were the disciples scared when they saw Jesus coming toward them?
- What did Peter do when He realized who was walking toward them? Why do you think Peter began to sink after he started walking toward Jesus on the water? What lesson can we learn from this?
“But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, “Be of good cheer! It is I; do not be afraid.”