Featured Passage: Luke 18
God the Father sent Jesus to do a work, and there was so much work to do. Jesus traveled throughout the region preaching the gospel of the Kingdom of God and healing the sick. He was very busy doing all His Father’s commands. One day, some people came with little children to see Jesus. The disciples tried to help by telling the people to go away. But when Jesus saw what they were doing, he called to them. The disciples were about to learn a lesson from Jesus about little children.
- Why do you think the disciples did not want the little children brought to Jesus?
- What was Jesus’ attitude toward the little children? Children are very special to God the Father and Jesus Christ (Psalm 127:3) which means He thinks you are very special too!
- What did Jesus do to the children when they were brought to Him (Mark 10:16)? The Church continues this practice by blessing little children in a ceremony during the Feast of Tabernacles. What do you think were some of the blessings Christ gave the little children?
- What did Jesus say the rich young ruler should do to inherit eternal life?
- Why do you think the young man went away feeling sad? What lesson was Jesus trying to teach him?
“But Jesus called them to Him and said, ‘Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of God.’”