Featured Passage: Luke 2
God picked Mary and Joseph to be the parents of His Son on earth. They were both from the family of King David, and they both obeyed God’s laws. They took care of Jesus as a child, and taught Him as best they could. God guided and directed the family, and as Jesus grew, He started to learn about who He was and what He was on earth to do.
- Why was Jesus and His family in Jerusalem?
- Where did Joseph and Mary find Jesus after looking for Him for three days? What was he doing?
- How old do you need to be to start learning about God?
- Why do you think the teachers in the temple were surprised when Jesus was talking to them and asking them questions?
- When Jesus called the temple “My Father’s house” who was He talking about?
- What does the scripture mean that says that “Jesus increased in wisdom and stature and in favor with God and men”? What things could you do now to follow the example Jesus set when He was young?
Luke 2:52 (NIV)
“And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.”