Featured Passage: Luke 7
Jesus performed many miracles, and His fame grew throughout the region. The Romans were also very much aware of what Jesus was doing. Jesus and His disciples traveled to Capernaum where Roman soldiers were stationed. A Roman centurion, a man who commanded one hundred soldiers, had a servant who was very sick and about to die. When the centurion found out that Jesus was in town he sent some people to get Him knowing this may be the only chance his servant had to be healed.
- Do you think the centurion was an important person in the town?
- Who did the centurion send to get Jesus? Why were the people so eager to help him?
- Why did the centurion send his friends to tell Jesus not to come into the house?
- What was Jesus’ response when he heard what the centurion had said? How did Jesus know that the man had faith?
- What happened to the centurion’s servant?
“For I also am a man placed under authority, having soldiers under me. And I say to one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and to another, ‘Come,’ and he comes; and to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.”