Featured Passage: John 3
As Jesus began His ministry He became more popular among the people in the region. The Jewish leaders, the Pharisees and Sadducees, started to notice. The Sadducees were a group of Jews who had more liberal interpretation of the law and did not believe in angels or the resurrection. On the other hand, the Pharisees were very strict; they thought that following all their extra rules made them righteous. Jesus taught God’s law as it was in the Holy Scriptures which made the Jewish leaders angry. However, one leader came to Jesus seeking the truth.
- Who was Nicodemus? Why do you think Nicodemus came to Jesus at night?
- What did Jesus tell Nicodemus he must do to be in the Kingdom of God? What was Nicodemus’ response?
- What example did Jesus use to explain being a spirit being?
- What did Jesus tell Nicodemus about going to heaven?
- What did Jesus tell Nicodemus was the reward for believing in Him? What does it mean to believe in Jesus as the Son of God?
- What did Jesus mean when He said that “God so loved the world”? Who does God want us to love?
“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”