Featured Passage: Acts 2-7
Before Jesus ascended into heaven He had told the disciples to wait in Jerusalem until they received the power of the Holy Spirit. The Feast of Pentecost had come and many people were in Jerusalem to keep it. The disciples were gathered together in a house to keep this Holy Day. As they were meeting suddenly they heard sounds like a mighty wind and something extraordinary happened!
- What happened when the disciples heard the mighty wind?
- What does it mean to speak in tongues?
- At the end of his message, what did Peter tell the people to do? How many people were baptized that day?
- What miracle happened when Peter and John went up to the temple?
- Why do you think the Jewish leaders didn’t want Peter and John to preach in Jesus’ name? What happened after they told them not to?
- Why do you think Ananias and Sapphira lied about the money they were giving? What happened to them?
- Why was the office of deacon created? Who were the first deacons?
- What was Stephen accused of when he was arrested? Why do you think the Jews were so angry with Stephen after he spoke?
“Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.”