Featured Passage: Acts 2
Jerusalem was bursting at the seams with Jews from throughout the world. They had come for one of the pilgrimage festivals, the Feast of Pentecost. Jesus told His disciples to wait in Jerusalem to receive power from on high. They were to receive the Holy Spirit. When the day of Pentecost came, through an amazing miracle, Christ’s followers received the Holy Spirit. With this gift they immediately began to fulfill the commission Jesus Christ had given them – to preach the Gospel to all nations.
- What happened as soon as the disciples received the Holy Spirit?
- Can you name some of the nationalities of the people who were in Jerusalem? What language did each person hear spoken?
- What prophecy did Peter say was being fulfilled when the disciples received God’s spirit?
- What did Peter talk about in his sermon? How did the people respond when they realized that they had murdered the Christ? What did Peter tell them they needed to do?
- What type of attitude did the brethren have toward one another at that time? How did they express this?
“Now, Lord, look on their threats, and grant to Your servants that with all boldness they may speak Your word, by stretching out Your hand to heal, and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Your holy Servant Jesus.”