Featured Passage: Matthew 6
Prayer is something that God wants us to do. When we pray, we are coming before the Eternal’s magnificent throne to talk to our Heavenly Father. You may be curious about how to pray and wonder if you are doing it correctly. No worries! You are in good company; the disciples also wanted to learn how to pray (Luke 11:1). Jesus Christ left us instructions written in His word so that we can know how to pray.
- What does Christ say about prayers that are recited to get attention? Where did Christ say we should go when we pray? Does this mean we have to be in a specific place when we pray?
- How often should we pray? Can you think of any examples of people in the Bible who prayed regularly?
- To Whom did Jesus say we should address our prayers?
- What does the word hallowed mean? How can we hallow God’s name?
- Why did Christ say that we need to pray for God’s kingdom to come? What are some reasons that we need His kingdom to come?
- What are some things we should regularly pray about? For each thing that you mention, why do you think God wants us to pray about those things?
- Imagine someone you are close to. How did you build a relationship with them? How does praying help us build a relationship with God?
- Why does God want us to pray?
“But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.”