Featured Passage: John 7
Jesus was becoming popular, and everyone was talking about Him. Who was this man? Was He the prophet of who Moses had written about (Deuteronomy 18:15)? Was He the Messiah who had come to save them, or was He just deceiving people? Jesus’ own family did not even believe Him, and the Pharisees and chief priests were out to kill Him! It was time to keep the Feast of Tabernacles as God had commanded. Jesus needed to keep the feast in Jerusalem, but how could He go when it was so dangerous?
- What did Jesus’ brothers tell Him to do? What was Jesus’ response?
- Why did Jesus not go up to Jerusalem with His brothers? What did He do instead?
- Why were the people arguing about Jesus?
- Where did the people believe Jesus was born? Why did it matter?
- What is doctrine? From whom did Jesus say He received His doctrine?
- How did Jesus make His presence known at the Feast?
- What did Jesus preach about on the eighth day? What do we call the eighth day of the feast?
- Why do you think God did not allow the Jews to capture Jesus?
Then Jesus cried out, as He taught in the temple, saying, “You both know Me, and you know where I am from; and I have not come of Myself, but He who sent Me is true, whom you do not know. But I know Him, for I am from Him, and He sent Me.”