Featured Passage: John 9
As Jesus taught and worked many wonderful miracles, the Jewish leaders were becoming very jealous and angry. One day, when Jesus was teaching in the temple, He said something that made the Jews so mad they wanted to stone Him! Jesus quickly hid and escaped out of the temple, but as He was leaving He noticed a man who had been blind from birth. Jesus’ disciples asked Him why the man was born blind and He told them God had something very special planned for this particular man.
- What explanation did the disciples say was the reason the man was born blind? How did Jesus answer them?
- What did Jesus do to heal the man? What instructions did he give to the man?
- On what day of the week did this miracle occur?
- When questioned, who did the man say had healed him? Why do you think the Pharisees wanted the man to deny that Jesus had healed him?
- Why did the Pharisees question the man’s parents?
- What did the Pharisees say was their reason for not believing Jesus was from God? Why did the man who was healed believe that Jesus was from God?
- What did Jesus mean when He said, “those who see may be made blind”?
- What things did you learn about who Jesus is in this passage?
“For judgment I have come into this world, that those who do not see may see, and that those who see may be made blind.”