Featured Passage: Matthew 7
Jesus Christ taught His disciples about how they should conduct themselves as they go through this life. After giving principles of how we should not worry but seek the kingdom and put God first Jesus concluded His message with some very wise and very important advice for Christians. One thing He made clear is that trying to follow God and His teachings is not easy, but it is worth it!
- What does it mean to have a “plank in your eye”?
- How does a person ask, seek and knock? What does God promise to those who do?
- Verse 12 is often called the “Golden Rule”. What is the “golden rule” and how can you follow it?
- What did Christ mean when He spoke of the narrow gate and the broad way? How does a person enter through the “narrow gate”? Why would you say it is worth it to take the difficult, narrow gate even though the other way is way easier?
- Christ used the analogy of a wolf in sheep’s clothing to describe false prophets. How did He say we could tell the difference?
- What does Christ say about those who call Him Lord, but do not obey the law?
- When Christ tells us to build on the rock, what does He mean? How can we make sure we aren’t building our house on the sand?
“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.”