Featured Passage: Acts 11-14
After Peter had met and baptized Cornelius, Peter went to Jerusalem and explained to the brethren there that God intended people from all nations to be part of His Church. The Church was growing quickly, so the Apostles sent a man named Barnabas to Antioch to shepherd the flock there. It was in Antioch that the brethren were first called Christians. God was calling more and more people, so Barnabas went looking for Saul to help.
- Why did Barnabas seek out Saul? Where did Barnabas find him?
- What miracle did God perform after Peter had been thrown in prison?
- What were the disciples doing when Peter was in prison?
- What other name did Saul use?
- What were Paul and Barnabas sent out to do?
- What did the people in Lystra do to Paul and Barnabas after Paul healed a man who was born lame? What happened to Paul after some people from Antioch came to Lystra and stirred them up?
- What happened to Paul in Derbe? Why do you think he went back into the city?
- What kinds of things did Paul do at each congregation to ensure its stability?
“We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God.”