https://www.lcgeducation.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/002-ls-david-saul.jpg 360 480 Rebekah Ross https://www.lcgeducation.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/logo_basic-website-300x94.png Rebekah Ross2020-02-14 13:55:142020-02-24 10:08:40Children’s Bible Program – Level 1: Lesson 49 “David and King Saul”
Children’s Bible Program – Level 1: Lesson 49 “David and King Saul”
Featured Passage:1 Samuel 18-20
Saul knew that God had rejected him from being king and that David was eventually going to be king instead of him. After God helped David defeat Goliath, King Saul was grateful and proud of David and brought him to live with him and his family. David soon became the best of friends with Jonathan, Saul’s son, and the people treated him as a hero. However, Saul began to get extremely jealous of David because of all the attention the people were giving him. Even though David was becoming like part of his family, King Saul began to plot in his heart to destroy David.
- David had developed a relationship with God at a very young age (Psalms 71:5) What does it mean to have a relationship with God? How can someone your age begin to seek a relationship with God?
- What does the scripture mean when it says, “the soul of Jonathan was knit to the soul of David”? Do you have any close friends? Why is it important to have good friends?
- What was the message of the song that the people were singing about David and Saul? How did Saul respond when he heard it?
- Saul sent David on dangerous missions. When God gave David victories the people loved David even more. What was Saul’s reaction to David’s successes?
- Whom did Saul allow David to marry? Do you think Saul was happy about this marriage?
- Saul made it clear to Jonathan that he intended to kill David. What did Jonathan do about it?
1 Samuel 18:14
And David behaved wisely in all his ways, and the Lord was with him.