Children’s Bible Program – Level 3: Lesson 55 “Haman’s Evil Plot”
Featured Passage: Esther 3-4
There was a man named Haman who was part of the king’s court. Haman was an Agagite which means he was an Amalekite; the Amalekites were enemies of the Jews. Haman hated all Jews, but he especially hated Mordecai. Haman came up with a plot to kill all the Jews. He told King Ahasuerus that the Jews had different laws and that they did not obey the king’s laws. Haman said the Jews did not deserve to live, and the king agreed. What they both didn’t realize was that the new queen of Persia was also a Jew.
- Why did Haman especially hate Mordecai?
- What reason did Haman give the king for destroying all the Jews throughout the kingdom?
- How did Haman decide what day the Jews should die? What day was chosen?
- What did Mordecai do when he heard about the proclamation to kill the Jews?
- What did Mordecai ask Queen Esther to do to help her people? How did Queen Esther respond to Mordecai’s request?
“For if you remain completely silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father’s house will perish. Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?”