Children’s Bible Program – Level 2: Lesson 4 “God Creates the Universe”
Featured Passages: Genesis 1:1; John 1:1-3; Job 38:4-7; Hebrews 1:10, 13-14; Romans 8:19.
There was a time when there was only God—two Beings that included God and the Word. But God wanted to have more people in His family. He first created angels, which were designed to be helpers of human beings. Afterward, God began to create the physical universe. All the planets, stars, comets, and everything on earth was created by God! The whole universe, everything that we can see and everything that we cannot see, was created in preparation for the future sons and daughters of God Almighty.
- Talk about how God and Jesus Christ wanted a family and built a creation for them to enjoy. Originally, it was just the two of them—the Father and the Word—and they wanted a much bigger family.
- Help your child to understand that God is the Creator and that only God can create from nothing. When we make something, for example, we use materials that He made.
- Explain that God created the spirit world, including angels, before creating the physical universe.
- Show your child that while most of the time “sons of God” refers to people, some times in the Bible it can refer to angels (Job 38:4-7).
- Ask your child what things in God’s creation they enjoy the most. Help him or her understand, in a simple way, that God created all of these things for us!
“For thus says the LORD, Who created the heavens, Who is God, Who formed the earth and made it, Who has established it, Who did not create it in vain, Who formed it to be inhabited: ‘I am the LORD, and there is no other’”