Featured Passage: Luke 8
Jesus picked twelve men from among His disciples to travel with Him and to be taught by Him firsthand. Others also followed Jesus throughout the region as He preached the gospel of the Kingdom of God, performed miracles, and healed the sick. Often, large crowds came to see Jesus and to hear Him preach. They wondered who He could be and what was the meaning of the things He said. His disciples believed that He was the Messiah, but did they really know what that meant? They would soon begin to see.
- Who were some of the women that traveled with Jesus?
- What is a parable? Why did Jesus speak to the people in parables?
- What happened after Jesus and the disciples set out to sea? What was Jesus doing?
- Why do you think the disciples wanted Jesus to wake up? What happened when Jesus woke up? What does the word “rebuke” mean?
- How was Jesus able to calm the storm? What were the disciples’ reactions when the storm ceased? Do you think they were surprised?
“Who can this be? For He commands even the winds and water, and they obey Him.”