Featured Passage: Matthew 4; Isaiah 9, 11
Jesus had been baptized and was preparing to begin His important ministry on earth. God had a very important mission for Him, and He knew that the lives of every human being depended on Him to be successful in the mission. Jesus also knew that if He succeeded He would one day earn a brand new title. He was about to be tested in a way He never had been before. He was about to enter a battle against the current ruler of the world – the one whose name literally means “adversary”.
- Who is the god/ruler of this current age? (Hint: Have a look in 2 Corinthians)
- In what ways did Satan tempt Christ? How did Christ respond? What are some ways we can respond when we are being tempted to do something wrong?
- Why do you think Satan offered to give Jesus the kingdoms of the world?
- What title(s) will Jesus Christ have when He returns to the earth? What will happen to Satan at that time?
- Christ will not return to the earth alone, the saints will be with Him. Who are the saints? What will the saints’ role be in the Kingdom of God? Why do you think Satan would be angry about that?
- What are some ways that life will change when Christ and the saints rule the earth?
Then Jesus said to him, “Away with you, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.’ ”