Children’s Bible Program – Level 1: Lesson 6 “God Creates a Helper for Adam”
Featured Passages: Genesis 2:18, 21–23; 3:20
God created a perfect paradise saying that it was very good (Genesis 1:31). Adam enjoyed watching the animals. He saw that each had a mate; however, there was no one for him. God waited until just the right time to create a mate for Adam, one that was comparable to him. The King James Version of the Bible states God would make a “help meet” for Adam (Genesis 2:18 KJV), in other words, a helper suitable for Adam. Adam was created from the dust of the ground, but his helper was created from Adam’s rib. Adam called the helper “woman,” which means “from man,” and named her Eve. Both Adam and Eve, male and female, were created in God’s image, and both males and females have the potential to be a part of God’s family.
- Ask your child how they think Adam felt being the only human being on the planet.
- Ask how they think Adam felt when God presented him with a mate.
- Explain to your child what the word “comparable” means.
- Emphasize the fact that Adam was created first from the ground and Eve was created second from Adam.
- Discuss with your child the type of life Adam and Eve must have had in the beautiful garden. Ask them their thoughts about this.
Genesis 1:27 “So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.”