Children’s Bible Program – Level 1: Lesson 5 “God Creates Adam”
Featured Passage: Genesis 2:4-8, 15, 19-20
God restored the earth, creating the perfect environment for mankind. God always starts things out small, so He created one man, Adam, as the beginning of His family. God made Adam from the dust of the earth to look like Him and breathed life into him. God placed Adam in Eden, a beautiful garden, and told him to maintain the garden. Every beautiful tree and seed-bearing plant was in Eden. The animals were tame and playful. It was a beautiful beginning for mankind. Contrary to what evolutionists teach, God created a literal Adam and Eve who were placed in a physical garden, and from these two human beings came all the people who have ever lived.
- Help your child to understand that Adam was the beginning of God’s plan to have a family.
- Ask your child what job God gave to Adam.
- Talk about the beautiful garden and the animals which were tame like family pets.
- Ask your child what kind of animal they would like for a pet if it were possible. (Use this as an opportunity to talk about the wonderful world tomorrow.)
- Talk about the close bond and loving relationship that Adam had with God.
“So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.”